Yesterday, Jason took Rhett to the church for his Cub Scout day camp, but before he did that, he had to make a delivery for one of his stores, so Rhett went for a ride along.
Jason stopped and got him a dounut, and while they were sitting at the church waiting, Jason told Rhett he is very proud of him for doing so well at school and bringing his grades up and staying out of trouble. Rhett said, "I know."
Jason then told him he loved him very much. Rhett said, "I know."
Jason asked him how he knew, and Rhett said, "Because you're my dad."
Jason said he'd always be his dad, but that didn't mean dad's always loved their sons. Rhett said "You're my dad because you work hard for me and buy me things and tell me you love me, so I know."
Jason told me, and it made me cry. I have a great husband and a great son! And I love them! And Anthony and Kylie, too!
Friday, June 13, 2008
As told to me by Jason
Posted by The Woodward Family at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
You must have written this while I was commenting on Kylie's haircut, but I am reading it on Father's Day. Very appropriate.
Post a Comment