CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

I should be working...

but, I have 10 minutes left, and I'm tired of working today...

The big news of this new year has been the weather. Thursday, last week, we had bad, bad wind, and Friday it rained HARD all day until about 4:30, when it started to snow, and by 10 pm, there was 6 inches of snow in the front yard. It snowed again on Saturday, but not as hard or as much, Sunday was partly cloudy, today is mostly sunny, but it is currently only 34*. There is another storm coming our way for tomorrow and Wednesday, but it should be rain, which means, we'll probably be flooding, as all the rain will melt all the snow...from one extreme to the other around here. Who knows, maybe next week it'll be super warm (I could only hope.)

Saturday, a burm for an irigation ditch broke in Fernly, and a ton of homes got flooded. The story made the headline on the national news. A bunch of people are out a home and all the things in their homes. Like 400 homes. They blamed the break on rodents and their little holes...I always knew mice were bad news.

We got the quad out to ride, but Jason had to work Saturday night, and Rhett and Kylie got in trouble and I had to punish them to their rooms, so no fun quad rides in the snow this time.

School was on a 2 hour delay today (first day back from the break) because the roads were still bad.

New Years eve we spent at home. We finished the puzzle we started on Christmas Eve. Watched some tv and watched the 20 minute firework show that was downtown off the casinos from our front porch. It was cold, and everyone but Kirby and I bailed and went inside and went to bed. The fireworks were better than the fireworks the area has on the 4th of July. I took some pictures, but, you know how I am at posting pics...

Jason has been working at Cabelas now for a month. We went there Saturday and used him employee discount on some items. New dog beds for the labs, a video game for the kids, some scent free clothing wash for Jason's hunting clothes. Even spouses get the discount, I have my own spouse ID card now.

Saturday morning we were supposed to help clean the church, but no one showed up (due to the snow I'm sure), and the kids had a Primary activity that was postponed to next Saturday. And then church was cancelled yesterday. Which was nice, because starting yesterday, we are back at 9 am church, so I was glad to sleep in. I'm still so tired from my cold and the busy holidays.

The kids were out side almost all day sledding and snowboarding down the front lawn with the neighbor kids from across the street. They had so much fun. They made moguls and were doing all these tricks and stuff. I watched them from the warm living room. Kylie is a walking freckle now...poor kid has my face and skin...

Jason asked the kids to make a list of 5 things they want to do this year, and one of the ones Rhett wants to do is "ear poop coon". What??? It took Jason and I a while and a ton of laughs to figure out the kid wants to eat pop corn. I still laugh even now. Rhett is our silly one...even when he isn't' meaning to be.

Well, I have passed my 10 minutes. Time to go home!!!YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2 comments:

Janika said...

My mother-in-law is happy to be here where the weather is more moderate than Missouri, where the temp was 3 degrees when she left. Just hearing you talk about the kids playing in the snow, though makes me long for it. My childrens' experience in the snow is very limited.

The Woodward Family said...

I drove past the old place we'd sled as youth atop Spooner, and thought of you and I when the tree stopped our slide, and we still went to a dance later that night. Crazy. Also thought of you as I drove past Warrior Way. The snow was bad, and I was crazy to go along up there with the salesman from work, but thought it would be an adventure....