The weekend was TOTALLY busy, but even more fun than that. I left work early on Friday because I had to go home and wait for the satellite repair man that never showed up, to come fix one of our receivers that hasn't been working. While I was waiting, I pulled EVERYTHING out of my kitchen cupboards and cleaned and organized them. Jason was on the phone with the satellite company trying to find out what was going on, and I never really understood why the repair man never made it, but the final outcome was we are getting TiVo for free, and a bunch of other things like local and premium free and they aren't showing up until the 26th now. But whatever.
We went to my 2nd councilors house and as a presidency we made little Christmas ornaments for all the teachers and staff. It was fun and the ornaments turned out super cute.
Saturday we were up with the sun to get ready for our annual ward Christmas breakfast. The bishopric makes all the food and everyone eats and sits around and visits, and a man in a red suit shows up to find out what all the kids want for Christmas. Rhett was beside himself with excitement and asked for a new DVD player. Kylie was terrified and wouldn't go anywhere near Santa, so she isn't getting anything from him probably.
I went and did some visiting teaching after breakfast. One of my sisters just had a baby on the 12th, so we stopped by to visit her and meet little Oliver. I am taking dinner tomorrow. I can't forget.
It stated snowing around 3:00 Saturday afternoon, and as luck would have it, I had a massage scheduled at 4:00 clear across town, so I was able to drive in the crap and get all stressed out before my massage. I never let up while I was at the day spa, and got all stressed out driving back home. Have I mentioned before that I hate winter and snow?
I had to rush to get ready for our Christmas party. It was such fun. Jason's co-workers are great fun. We actually do a lot of stuff together, so even though he's only been there a year, we all really get along and have fun. The dinner was good, but unfortunately, Jason and I are like the only ones that don't drink, so we didn't stick around too long after people stated having too many drinks.
It never stopped snowing all evening, and was still snowing at 3 in the morning when I had to get up to go potty. They ended up canceling church, and I had to help call a bunch of members to get the word out. I think we ended up getting about 3 inches or so of snow.
The two little ones sled down the driveway (it's super steep) and got wet and then came in when it started to melt. Our elders quorum leader came over to shovel the snow at Andrea's house just as we were leaving to go pick up my sister, Elaine from the bus depot, and they shoveled our snow while we were gone.
It was great having my sister here for the weekend. We visited and enjoyed our selves until we had family dinner at PF Chang's with Jason's family. My dad ended up not coming in due to the weather. After dinner we drove around and looked at Christmas lights, then went home and hit the hay. We were tired and stuffed from dinner.
I have some pictures from dinner I have to post later when I am sitting at my home computer.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Re-cap of the busy weekend
Posted by The Woodward Family at 8:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
You would think with us being further north we would get snow. We hardly get any. We got rain though. We can go to the mountains to play in the snow if we want to.
Today is the winter solstice. Take heart, the days only get longer from here.
Post a Comment