CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas 2006

I had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends this year.

Saturday, Jason and I and the kids every so often, made cookies and goodies. I worked on getting all the laundry for 5 people, and a small house clean. We heard that Santa only comes to clean houses, and only leaves presents for children with clean bedrooms.

Sunday, everyone put on new dresses or white shirts and ties (kids, not mom and dad) and headed off to church. The kids looked so good. Kylie had a beautiful red dress with a black sweater, black tights and shiny black shoes. Both boys had red and black ties on their necks, and their white shirts and black pants and shoes. They all looked so nice. Rhett's cowlick even laid down nicely. I wore a red, black and gold shirt, black skirt, tights and shoes. Jason had his white shirt, a red and black tie, and black pants and shoes. We were the Merry Red and Black family.

After church, we made up plates of goodies to take to some friends and to my in-laws. At the in-laws, we opened gifts from them. I'll list all the gifts we got later in this blog... We headed to Wing Stop to pick up Christmas Eve dinner of chicken wings and headed home. After dinner, we sat and watched A Year Without a Santa Claus, and sipped homemade apple cider. Kids were all in bed by 9, and Jason and I were in bed by 11.

Up the next morning at 7...to see that Santa had gone overboard. All the gifts were opened and the living room cleaned by 8. Anthony and I played Name That Tune 80's edition while Jason prepared the prime rib. That game is so fun, but kind of hard. I thought I knew my 80's music, but I guess not as well as I thought.

I made breakfast, and by the time we ate and got cleaned up, it was time to start lunch/dinner...we had to eat early for my dad...He and my sister-in-law, Jaclyn, came over for dinner at 1. The prime rib turned out great, and the best part is, we still have left overs! Opened more gifts, then took naps.

Went over to my brother-in-laws for a little while so we could see other family. Since we had dinner already, we didn't eat with them. We headed over to our buddy Johnnie's and opened gifts with him and his 2 kids, Brad and Jackie, and had pumpkin pie for dessert.

I am still full from all the food we ate. The Woodward family never lacks for food on holidays and get togethers!

So, gift list...
Jason...tools for his truck...power tool parts...hunting vest...tool for sharpening his hunting knives...socks for his shot guns...money...gift certificates...

Dove...picture printer for my camera..."PINK" perfume from Victoria's Secrets...gift cards...money...Trivial Pursuit 80's...i-pod...homemade gifts the two little kids made at school...gift certificates...elephant hair necklace...

Anthony...clothes...money...i-pod money...Name That Tune 80's...snowboard...bear tooth pendant (from the bear he shot in Canada)...necklace for pendant...dvd player...Nintendo DS games...X-box games...movies...gift cards...

Rhett...dvd player...snowboard...movies...Nintendo DS games...clothes...shoes...Pirates of the Carribean lego sets...gift cards...watch...Cars bedroom stuff...

Kylie...clothes...shoes...underware...art set...Princess diary and pen set...matching clothes for her and her American Girl doll...Game Boy game...movies...ear rings...jewelry box...lip gloss...purse...

Kodi, Sienna, Kirby...Scooby snacks, braided rawhide bones, Dingo bones...dog cookies...

1 comments:

Kim and family said...

What on earth is an elephant hair necklace? Sounds like a nice Christmas.