So, since I wasn't felling well last week, my posts were sort of sad, so I have to fill you in.
Last Friday, December 1, was my 16th wedding anniversary. I can't believe Jason and I have been married for so long. I keep saying "old" people have been married for this long. Remember, I'm not old, as I am still only 25, so I must have gotten married when I was like 9. Yeah, right. We agreed before hand to not do anything, save the money for Christmas, and celebrate when Jason has his work Christmas party on the 16th. I was going to go get him a card, just to let him know I love him, but Rhett wasn't feeling good and feel asleep while I was fixing dinner, and Anthony was on a scout camp out so I didn't have a babysitter. But Jason got me one. 16 wasn't anything big. I figure 20 will be though. I have already told Jason I want to go on a cruise to the Caribbean.
As I said, Anthony was on a scout camp-out in winning Friday night for his order of the arrow brotherhood. Whatever that is. They stayed in-doors at the convention center, and cleaned it up as their service project. They had more fun than work.
Jason, the little ones, and I spent all day Saturday putting up the out-door Christmas decorations. Somehow, I cut the palm of my hand pretty deep. It got infected, and keep getting bigger when I opened my hand, so I poured rubbing alcohol on it, globbed neosporin on it, and wrapped it up with gauze and tape, since I couldn't keep a band-aid on my palm. By Monday is was much better, and I put super glue on it to keep it from tearing more. It is almost gone now.
I took pictures of the house and all the lights. It looks like Griswold Family Christmas, almost. Someone at church asked me if I thought I lived in Hidden Valley, a posh community that is know for their Christmas decorations where they compete against their neighbors and the Country Club or homeowner association gives out awards east of town here. I said not, but almost. We are the only house on our street with lights and decorations out. The old people don't decorate, the Korean family doesn't celebrate Christmas, and the college kids probably can't afford to decorate. My friend isn't putting up decorations because she is going to Utah for Christmas next week, and will be gone until after the new year.
Anthony had a temple trip last night. Did baptisms for French men. The names were so hard to pronounce, they spelled several of them he said. I guess our temple likes to have the foreign names. Last time he went he did work for Mexican brothers. Couldn't pronounce those names too well, either.
Now the crazy time begins. I seem to have something going on every night for like the next two weeks. I am not looking forward to it. There is a court of honor tonight. I have a presidency meeting tomorrow. Friday, a lady in our ward is getting baptized, her daughters are in Primary. Saturday, I'm going to Yerington, weather permitting. Sunday, church and a meeting. Monday and Tuesday, visit teaching and being visit taught. Wednesday, YM/YW Christmas spaghetti dinner/gift exchange I have to take Anthony to. Thursday, 12/14, Anthony's band concert. Friday, another baptism for 3 boys, 2 are Anthony's age, 1 is in Primary. Saturday is our Ward Christmas breakfast, and Jason's Christmas party. Sunday, the 17th, I am in charge of sharing time, and my father in law is taking the ENTIRE family (all his kids, their spouses, their spouses parents, grandkids, etc) to dinner at PF Chang's. As of this moment, the 18th looks wide open. May the stars stay aligned to keep it that way!
I don't do well with going, going all the time. I like staying home on my evenings. Especially around Christmas time. And after being sick last week, I know my resistance is down, and I don't want to get sick again. I had the flu last Christmas, I don't need a repeat!
Wednesday, December 6, 2006
A moment to update
Posted by The Woodward Family at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I hate crazy weeks as well. With the chicken pox though it has sure turned the days of this week into slow ones. But the evenings are nuts because I am trying to do everything I couldn't do during the day. We haven't even looked at the CHristmas light box yet. we may not even bother at this rate. I hope you stay Healthy. I just nipped a cold in the bud this week. I was feeling it coming on and took two airborne.
Post a Comment