CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 2, 2007

Time Change...

Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour on Saturday night!

I have just loved having the time change be so late this year. I hate changing time both spring and fall. Why can't we just stay the way it is?

Small children and dogs can't tell time, so they want to eat when the clock says it isn't time yet, or they don't want to go to sleep when the clock says it is time.

And for a week every 6 months, you're either hungry and it should be time for lunch at work, or you're tired, but it isn't time to go home from work yet, or the day is done, but you still feel like you have another hour to get some work done.

Time changes are just stupid. And I'd like to know how they figure you are saving daylight. There is X amount of daylight no matter what, who cares if it's in the morning or at night? Not me, or my kids, or my dogs.

Whatever...

When my sister lived in Arizona years ago, they didn't have time changes. Even as a teenager I thought that was a good idea, and now as an adult, I think it is an even better idea.

I wonder how many more days there are until the first day of summer?

2 comments:

Janika said...

In the northern states it really does make a difference when you turn the clocks back. I think, though that Georgia, AL, MS, TX and NM should follow AZ's lead and eliminate the time change. I think FL already does not observe Daylight savings. I was thinking about that yesterday, actually.

I was wondering when it was going to be time to do that because it is really dark when I take the kids to school.

Janika said...

Thank you SO much for your warning. I never heard anybody else say anything about DST. I have 8:30 church. An extra hour of sleep is a beautiful thing.