We left Reno very early Thursday morning and drove to Vegas to spend the holiday at Jason's Aunt and Uncle's house for the Turkey holiday.
We had dinner at their neighbor and partner next door. Harvey used to be a chef in Baltimore, so needless to say, dinner was fantastic, I ate too much, and made my self sick.
Friday we went shopping, Bass Pro Shop, Guitar Center, the mall...bought some things we can't get in Reno. Jason and I went to the strip alone after dinner and walked around. Went to the Venetian and walked the shops there, then we went down the street and across it to the Bellagio and walked around there. From there we went to Planet Hollywood and walked the Mile Mall. The only thing we purchased down on the strip was an over priced soda. We had a very nice time being together, and after Thursday's dinner, all the walking did us a lot of good.
Saturday we got up and went to Lake Mead, where a hot spring is, and the kids hiked the hills up to some caves, and Kylie fell in the water. Then we went down by the lake and had lunch. We were going to go to Hoover dam, but the suburban decided it wanted a new transmission, so we died on the side of the road about 5 miles from the ranger station, had to call a tow truck and Harvey to come get us...towed the 'burban back into town, came home and got in the hot tub, which decided to stop working too. We have bad luck I guess.
So, yesterday we sat around (when we should have been heading home) and now today we are waiting to hear back on the Suburban...I'll try to keep in touch. When and if we do make it back to Reno, I have a bunch of pictures to upload.
Monday, November 26, 2007
I haven't dropped off the face of the earth...yet...
Posted by The Woodward Family at 9:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Nothing like a transmission going out to tell you merry christmas huh? I hope it all works out OK and you get home safely.
I have to tell you something. DO you remember Mrs. Skogrand? She coaches basketball for a team here and I saw her tonight and said hi. She looks the same. She gained a little-I have gained more,ugh. Anyways she said I looked familiar. The other time she has met someone close to being from Dayton was a boy who wore a Dayton Nevada high school t-shirt once at her school. How funny is that? I had my camera but didn't take a picture. How lame am I. Hope you get home with a running car.
Post a Comment