CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Weekend...

Saturday morning came very early. The alarm was set for 4 am so I could get up, get dressed, brush my hair and teeth, wake the kids up to do the same, and make hot chocolate before Tina got to my house so we could head up to the balloon races.

Only Anthony and Kylie ended up going. Rhett told us "Uh, um uh, huh, dun, huh" when we asked if he was going to get up and get dressed. After that kind of response, we let him sleep (Jason stayed home, too, since he'd just crawled in bed two hours before my alarm went off.)

We got to the park early enough, hardly anyone was there, as they had not opened the gates to cars yet, so we really had our pick of places to set up. We did so right by the fence, where on the other side of the fence the balloons are inflated. It was so cool. We got to go down and stand right next to the balloons as they were being filled. So awesome. I've never seen that before. They are so much bigger on the ground, and I have never seen inside one before, either. We hung around for the entire launch, something else I've never done of 15 years of being in Reno. It was just indescribable to see so many balloons inside Rancho.

As we were walking home, I could tell some balloons were really close to the house. There were 2 balloons landing at the school, so we went down there and watched them land and put the balloons away. It was just so cool. I saw hot air balloons from start to finish. Next year I want to go up in one. A guy at church is going to try to find someone to be on the crew with so he can get inside one.

After the balloons, I made breakfast, and then we all hit the hay and slept all day long. It was great. Ended up getting a headache though, probably from getting up too early, so nothing else got done.

Sunday, church was great. Having the new 2nd councilor in is just great. I can tell she's going to do a great job, but I sure do miss Sabrina, my past councilor. She is such a good friend to me, and we get along great, so church is sad without her.

After church I had another meeting (the story of a president's life) and then went home, made dinner, and ended up staying up late to watch 9/11 on CBS.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful, however, I pulled Kylie's 2nd tooth. Actually, I didn't pull it, I kind of just pushed down on it ever so slightly, and it fell out on the Kleenex. She told me not to pull it, because it would hurt, I said, it wouldn't, she argued, I arguged, and finally she saw the tooth, and started laughing. The tooth fairy brought 3 bucks again. Man, I only got 50 cent pieces. Inflation sure has gone up on teeth.

Tonight I am going to the temple for ward temple night. Looking forward to it. I should go so I can get out of here a little early. Have to be to the temple by 5 for the 5:30 session.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, why is your tooth fairy so rich??? Hailey and Sierra Keep getting $1 I'm surprised they aren't getting 1.06 to cover tax on a $1 store item =)