I finally have more than a few minutes to update...I'll start at last Friday. I got to go to the temple. It was so nice. It has been to long since I last went, and I have made a commitment to go more often. I next go with my Ward on Ward Temple night on Tuesday. I did work for a lady named Millie, born about 1875.
Saturday, the kids and I went to Wild Island. (Where else did you expect us to be?) We really enjoyed ourselves and made sure to get on as many slides as possible, since the season is just about done. I had run out of sun screen and got a little sun burnt. My nose and forehead are now peeling.
Sunday was meetings, church and more meetings, and trying to get all the laundry done. Jason went hunting with his brother again, and they got an antelope about 10:30 Sunday morning. They got back home about 6:00 Sunday evening just as I was putting dinner on the table. It was a nice goat. Bigger than mine was 5 years ago, but not a monster like Jared was hoping to get.
Monday, being Labor day, I had the day off, so the day found the kids and I at Wild Island yet again. Our last day of the season. I took a bunch of pictures, and one I will use as a desk top here at work during the winter, so when it's only 50* for a high, and there is snow on the ground, I can look at that picture and hopefully help ward off the winter blues. I get winter depression really bad, and it seems to get worse every year. Anyways, I was SO sad to leave the park. I actually almost cried. As you can tell, I really love Wild Island.
After we left there, we went over to Jared's house while him and Jason cut up the antelope. That took a few hours. Rhett played catch with Jared's dog, Diva, and Kylie played with Aunt Lyndy, and we visited with Lyndy's parents and grandfather. Then we came home so Jason could shower (he had already did the brakes on his truck while we were at Wild Island) and eat dinner. At Rhett's request, we had hot dogs and chili dogs. When we weren't looking, Sienna ate the chili and the wooden spoon in the pot. Stupid dog. Then we took the kids out for ice cream at Cold Stone creamery. Kylie wears more ice cream then she eats.
Tuesday morning found us getting ready for the boys 2nd week of school and Kylie's 1st day of kindergarten. I took this day off too, I wanted it to be a special day for Kylie. Dropped Anthony off at his school around 7:15, and then came home, got Kylie in the bath and helped her pick out an outfit. She finally decided on her denim butterfly skirt, and a pink shirt. I only almost cried when she asked for a kiss and hug good-bye, but I got control of my emotions and didn't let her see me cry. It helped that like 4 other moms where there that I know. There are 33 kids in the morning class! And 6 of those kids are LDS. It's nice she has some friends from both church and pre-school in her class. She feels like she knows every one already. Only 2 other kids were crying. One little girl was having a serious panic attack about going. The principal had to pry her from her death grip on the mom, and take her into the classroom and shut the door really fast. Outside, you could still hear her screaming, and then she started to kick the door. Poor little thing. I left before she stopped, but Kylie said she settled down and had fun.
After she was off to school I had to go to the bank. I then headed to the bookstore to get myself a new book. I finished reading Vanity Fair, so I picked up Little Women and Heidi to read to Kylie for reading for 15 minutes every night. I to the clothes and shoes I cleaned out of the kids room to Salvation Army. By then it was time to get Kylie, so I did that and then I took her out to lunch, she picked Taco Bell. It was her special day. She had fun at school and couldn't wait to go back on Wednesday.
Tuesday night was Welcome back to school night at the kids school. I went to Kylie's class first. Mrs. Clyne filled us in on all the aspects of Kindergarden, like rules, homework, schedule, etc. Most of it I remember from Rhett being in only 2 years ago. Then I went to Rhett's class. I was the only one. All the other parents went to the first half hour while I was in with Kylie, so I got to visit with the teacher one on one. Rhett is very proud of his class. He has a bunny named Spuds, and they made cool crafts out of tape to make balloons in honor of the balloon races. I was able to let Mrs. Toti know that Rhett is a little behind, and I really want to get him tested for special ed. They started the process at the end of 1st grade, and they just have to finish testing him. I hope he can get into the program to have a little more one on one and specialization with his reading and spelling. So far he is doing really good on his homework. I'm glad I'm not in school this semester, I feel like I can help him more, and now I have homework with Kylie, so I keep pretty busy in the afternoons when I get home from work.
Wednesday was back to work. I hated coming back, but I felt I could get through 3 days of work this week and survive. I had a bunch of stuff to do to make up for the 2 days off, but I got it all done. We went shopping after work for groceries, etc. That is always an adventure.
Last night Anthony made the world stop while we watched Big Brother on CBS. We have been watching that show for years, all summer long, and this year is the All Star season. What him and I have been hoping for ALL summer finally happened last night. Jannell finally got kicked out of the house. We were sad she made it to the final 3, but at least she can't win the big money! It's down to Erika (who I wanted 2 seasons ago, and of course this season) and Mike. Anth and I are SO happy!
Tomorrow I'm going to the Balloon races with Tina at the crazy hour of 4 am. I have to get up to make hot chocolate really early. I think I might sleep in my clothes. However, I am so looking forward to being in the middle of all the beautiful balloons. This morning on the way to work, I passed right by them as they were lifting off. It was great. Only bad thing is all the smoke in the valley from the fire outside of Auburn. I couldn't seem them very well from my desk this morning like I could yesterday.
I promise I will finally get pictures downloaded this weekend! I just have to get a new wire from Best Buy today. Wish me luck they have them in stock, otherwise, my promise is no good!
Friday, September 8, 2006
An update on the life of the Family
Posted by The Woodward Family at 9:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I think I will be sad when Hannah goes to kindergarten. I think the last ones give you a sadness like the first ones going and doing new things. There was more relief when the middle ones do something new.
Post a Comment