The blessings of February's Friday the 13th just keep giving...I still feel like I'm stuck in a really long bad day....
The leaks of our house continue...this time it was the dishwasher, but we think it could have been because the disposal was gone, so J replaced that. We'll see.
The hot water heater is up and working well. After forking out over $500 to install a new one. What a mess for J to fix. He and Big A drained the thing of the ice cold water sitting in it, and there was so much water all over the floor and on the platform it sits on, it was cold and messy. Now my laundry room smells really bad.
The heater in the house works, but it's not working correctly, because the day our heater man put the new $500 part in, he ran out of daylight and couldn't properly line up the igniter, so, when it ignites, it sounds like it's exploding (I'm hoping this isn't a fire hazard) and he hasn't come back to fix it and put the whole thing back together. Parts are still all over our lawn.
I didn't get to make it over the hill to see my dad because of the weather, so now we're just all hoping he and his lady friend can make it up here this coming weekend for Louie Blue's baptism. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Mr. Butler has been doing really good in basketball; this weekend he was a high scorer, but, he feel over some kid on the other team and landed on the wood floor with his tooth. The tooth is cracked and hurts him. I don't even want to go there with what could happen...he has a scheduled dental appointment next month, so I'm hoping we can make it until then. But a root canal and crown on the front tooth? And he's nine? Yeah, yuck.
We are trying to re-fi on our house to save about $200 a month, and the hippy appraiser lady total screwed us and way under valued us to get a traditional loan, so now we are pursuing some other options. Our banker said they have been having nothing but problems with the lady that did ours. I think I have to blame all the appraisers of the country for a large part of our financial problems. They were way OVER valuing homes before the bubble burst, and now that it's burst, they are way UNDER valuing the same homes they over valued. It all boils down to greed. Sorry, that's another issue entirely.
I'm having some very minor health issues that I just don't have the time or money to deal with right now.
J has lost hours at his second job, thus making things tight for us.
Stupid Friday the 13th....and, we have to do it all over again in March and November. What's up with having to have 3 Friday the 13ths in one year? My prediction is, 2009 is just going to be a crappy year.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Keeps Going and Going
Posted by The Woodward Family at 10:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I suppose we can blame it on spring like weather "when it rains it pours"
Sounds like no fun. I am not a happy camper myself. Trying not to freak out. ACKK!! oops I let loose a little.
Post a Comment