CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm So Lucky...

I get to go to the Social Security office today at lunch. I can't find Anthony's soc. sec. card, and he needs it for his new job. I'm sure that will take up my entire hour. I have the form filled out already, because luckily I was able to print it on line, and I have his birth-cert and his passport. I hope this will be easy. On the web site, it said the new cards arrive in about 10-14 business days, which would put it right about the time he needs the card.

I'm pretty sure I'm the one that misplaced his original card, but when you get a card for a newborn infant,you're not really thinking ahead 14-15 years when that newborn is acutally going to need it. Wow, do I actually have a child that is 14 1/2 and old enough to work? No, it can't be possible, I'm too young!!!!! I guess I was only 10 when he was born, and every year, my age of his birth will go down...pretty soon, he'll be older than me...

Anyways, I'm not looking forward to the office....anything involving the government is a nightmare. But, our taxes were done long ago, so we don't have that to worry about this weekend, like so many people will be.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

Hope you survived! LeeJoe lost his. he has been needing to get his replaced for sometime now. The app is filled out he just needs to go. I am NOT doing it for him.

Janika said...

Mike hasn't gotten paid yet because of the nightmare of government agencies. He needed his passport to finalize everything, and he made 2 four hour trips to Houston, and had to borrow 7,000 from his dad (long story)and call our congressman to get his passport this Monday

The Woodward Family said...

I received A's card yesterday! Only 6 days! I was shoked,needless to say! I have filed it away in a very safe place so I won't ever have to do that again! I was there for an hour!