CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 9, 2007

Busy but nice

The weekend was a busy one, but I enjoyed it.

I left work early on Friday and took advantage of the nice warm weather. I opened all the windows in the house and cleaned. Made Anthony mow the lawn. My Dad and sister, Elaine, stopped by, and stayed up late watching The Lake House on HBO.

Saturday, I woke up to go tanning, took Anthony to Roller Kingdom for a birthday party, Rhett to Wal-Mart to get a present for the birthday party he went to in the afternoon, he went to the movies-Meet the Robinsons-and then went back to his friend's house for cake and ice cream. Went to Home Depot with Jason and my father-in-law to get new light fixtures for the front of the house. We are putting in 3 motion lights on corners of the house in hopes of keep our yard and vehicles safer, plus, putting some light along the side of the house where the garbage cans are. Plus, I wanted a new porch light, because I hate the one that came with the house when we bought it 7 years ago...Since Rhett and Anthony were off doing things with friends, Kylie was feeling a little left out, so Jason let her pick lunch (Burger King) and take a nap with us.

In the evening, I let Kylie and Rhett color the easter eggs. I was afraid they'd make a huge mess with the coloring, but they did good, but some of the eggs didn't do so well. At least they were easy to peel on Sunday...

I really hate coloring easter eggs and getting things ready for the easter bunny. This year I didn't even put out all my decorations. I kept wondering why I hate it so much, then it dawned on me. I have had to do all of it by myself for so many years because Jason is always working. It's not fun with out my honey helping out. My poor kids are getting robbed! I'm going to make Jason take the night off next year.

Easter morning was nice. Jason made breakfast and dinner yesterday. It was so nice. He sort of got stuck with dinner though since we're in church from 1-4. While the kids and I were at church, Jason uploaded a ton of cd's to our i-tune libray and added a ton new songs to my i-pod. I'm up to almost 800 songs now. I still have 2 1/2 gigs left...plenty of room for lots of great music.

I was out moving water on the lawn yesterday, and my cell phone rang as I was walking in the door. It was Tracy Lyman! I had left a message on her phone a few weeks ago, and her life was crazy and didn't get a chance to call me back until yesterday. It was SO good to hear from her. She's doing good, living in Sparks, married 13 years, her daughter is almost 16. We're going to get together in the very near future. She says hi to those of you she knew!!!

It's gonna get cold here again. We enjoyed the weekend with fairly nice weather, but it is very windy today, and they are saying snow by Wednesday! Of course, it has to snow on Wednesday, because Rhett has a game!

1 comments:

Kim and family said...

WOW!! I was wondering about Tracy and remembered her daughter was born close to Amber. I wondered how she was doing! Your weekend sounds as busy as mine was. So if it is Scrooge at Christmas what do you call that at Easter because I had it too.