It has been a busy past few days, and I have a cold to boot...I'll fill you in starting on Saturday...
Rhett had Opening Ceremonies for little league. It was cool. They had all the teams walk out on to the field in order from t-ball up to majors, and all the teams were lined up behind the younger kids, so you saw all the similar uniforms in lines. The McQueen High Color Guard presented the flag, and some girl sang the National Anthem (acapella) and just as she was finishing up, the Washoe Co. Sheriff helicopter did a fly over. It was really cool. Then, Kyle Shiloh, UNR basketball star, threw out the opening pitch to an older Oriole kid. We found out why Rhett was drafted to the Oriole farm team. The Orioles are pretty much cop kids and cop coaches. Our sheriff buddy has a kid on one of the older teams, and he was the one that arranged for the fly over, and a bunch of other guys that are either sheriff or RPD have kids on the various age groups. And, come to find out, Rhett's assistant coach is RPD, and knows Jared. Our buddy told us they like to keep all the kids together with kids that have similar lives with dads being cops and all. They drafted Rhett because Jason is trying to become a cop. Maybe this will help him get hired...
Rhett's first game wasn't so great. They lost 11-1, and Rhett struck out both times at bat. He is still so cute though in his uniform. He's a good looking kid anyways.
Sunday I started getting sick, and pretty much slept all day, so I was really glad it was Gen. Conf so I didn't have to go to church. Jason made dinner which was really nice. And he bought me the prettiest Easter Lilly plant that smells so good.
Monday I would liked to have called in sick to work, but I had to get statements out for my 3 divisions, and ended up being very busy because the office manager is on vacation this week, and I did some of her jobs. I went home a bit early and slept all afternoon, and Jason took all the kids to Rhett's game so I could have some peace and quiet. Rhett's team lost again, but the score was better, 2-1.
Tuesday I still felt bad, but again came to work, and manged to get thru the day ok. I went tanning after work, and laying in the bed helped me feel better, I guess from the warmth. Kylie had ballet. A ton of new girls joined the class, so now Kylie looks really good. But she has a lot of room for improvement.
Jason had to work last night, so I got to take Rhett to his game. I was sitting on the bleachers, wondering if I should go sit in the truck or not, and got elected to do the score board. That was an adventure. Not only did I not know how to use the wireless controller I was handed, but I don't understand the rules of baseball very well, and I just don't watch games enough...I am more the social person with everyone in the stands. And it didn't' help that my in-laws all showed up, and I wanted to visit and see my nieces. But anyways, I did ok. And Rhett got 1 hit, and was the first score for his team. They still lost 3-2 though. But, again, Rhett is so good looking in that uniform!
I went shopping after the game. Big mistake. The store was busy, noisy, and I still felt awful. Kids didn't get dinner last night until about 8:30. But all the Easter shopping is done at least.
And that brings me to today. I still feel like crap, and I think I might go home at lunch and crash before kids come home from school. The weather is atleast warming up, so I won't be cold on top of having a cold.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Happy April
Posted by The Woodward Family at 8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
You sound like us here. Except Amber is the one with the nastiest cold. I kicked my allergies/sinus headache that lasted 3 days. Then I got a different headache last night from being outside too much at the school. I hope you feel better soon!
hey lady,
sorry I haven't commented for you in a while. My husband wants a poche boxter as well--911. Of course, he drives a beemer right now. It is an 86. It is old. He is looking forward to dressing it up and making it fancy. I need to go to bed. I will see you in a few months. ;)
Post a Comment