CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nice Celebration

J and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 18 years. It was good food, good service and good to be out together again without kids. We went to Carino's. I had the seafood fettuccine Alfredo. YUM. J had a penne chicken that was very similar to a dish I make, and he said mine was better. Woo hoo!

Then we walked around the mall a bit and then went to Meadowood where I got him his anniversary gift (I'm not telling what is was though) and we went home.

We both enjoyed our evening, the last nice evening we'll have for a few weeks since my surgery is in 2 days!!!

Our Christmas decorations are mostly up. I still have a few things to hang up in the house, but I don't have any tape, and J has to put the inflatable Frosty and Grinch up on the lawn, but for the most part, the house is ready for Christmas.

Tomorrow will be my busy day getting everything in order at home and work so I can report to the hospital dark and early Thursday morning, I'll be spending a day or two after the surgery in the hospital recovering, and then I'm coming home and crawling into my bed to stay for several days.

So, after tomorrow, you probably won't hear from me for a while. I'll be off work for 4 -6 weeks, and you know how much I use my home computer...maybe if J's up to it, I'll give him my password so he can at least give you all an update on my health status.

I'm really looking forward to the surgery and the rest and relaxation after it. What a great Christmas for me. J is going to do all the shopping, cooking, etc, and the kids get to help out cleaning and doing laundry. And everyone gets to play the "Quiet Game" while I'm sleeping. Good time, don't you think?

6 comments:

Marshall said...

It stinks when you have to have surgery to relax! Haha. The one thing I love about having a baby is that I get to be pampered for a few days. It is really nice!

Hey, I was going to ask you, you know calligraphy, right? I know you are having your surgery soon, but I was wondering if you are feeling well enough if I could bring over the degree of self reliance certificates and have you write the sisters names on them in calligraphy. It wouldn't have to be done until the sixteenth or so! If not, I TOTALLY understand!

Carol said...

Good luck. You'll be in my prayers.

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

Hmmmm...well I think I can guess what your "present" was to him! Am I on the right track?

You know that I am bringing you lunches over every day I can right? I know dinners will be covered, but who's gonna pamper you at lunchtime? Call me if you need anything.

The Woodward Family said...

Traci, you know J and I well, you certainly know what it was...:)

Marshall said...

Sounds good, Dove. I will give you a call after your surgery! But really, no pressure! I could probably come up with something.

Kim and family said...

You got an anniversary suit didn't you?? To wear with the birthday one?

Anyway I hope your recovery goes well and you are ready for Christmas. Or at least maybe your husband is a little more useful in that department than mine. Happy recovery then!!