CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Health Update

Christmas was really nice this year. We had a "white Christmas" which was totally story book-like, but those who know me know how much I hate snow...we spent time with family and friends. The kids made out good from each other, J and I, their Grandparents, and of course Santa. And J and I didn't do too bad either. The highlights of the gifts for all of us is the Wii. Yeah, we fight over it, and it's pretty much all we want to do from the time we wake up until the time we go to bed. Who needs to eat or take potty breaks, right?
I am feeling so much better, but am still sore, and I get very tired very quickly. The incision is pretty much healed up (I got to take a BATH this morning!!!!) and sitting up and rolling over in bed is still really difficult (sit ups and crunches are not in my near future). Went into the doctor for my post op check up, and the pathology results came back, no cancer, lots of muscular endometriosis, which the doctor could see, and they also found lots of muscular fibroids. My mom had fibroids. I had 2 tests to see if I have fibroids, but they always came back negative, but with them being deep in the muscle, a hysterctomy is the only way they would have ever been discovered. Not that I even questioned doing the surgery ever, but the doctor said I REALLY needed to get the things out, and was glad we did. Life is already so much better without those parts in there, if you know what I mean...:)
J is building a nice storage/workshop shed in the back yard. Too bad he has to work around the stupid snow. He has been so wonderful since my surgery; shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, yelling at the kids, because, did you know, it takes healthy abs to yell? etc. He is totally the best husband (I forgot to mention he even brought me flowers when I was in the hospital) and I am so grateful to him for all his hard work and patience.
Spell checker is not working, so I appologize for any spelling errors...oh well.
And, yes, the photos are all backwards, but I don't feel like fixing them all...
Big A holding his cousin...

Louie Blue reading "Cat in the Hat" to her cousin and her aunt's sister...

Mr. Butler playing pool at his uncle's house after Christmas dinner

My sister-in-law and a few of the cousins...

Big A, Kirby, and Mr. Butler Christmas morning...Love that LONG Scottie Dog tounge!

Our White Christmas...I love the little bit of sun trying to shine though...

Kirby enjoying her bone from Santa under the coffe table...

Mr. Butler in his favorite color...camo...even with a camo Santa Hat...

Louie Blue..."I'm opening this one first..."

Big A and the best gift ever!!!!

Our buddy Johnny and his antelope that J did all the taxidermy on...good work honey, it looked great, and Johnny loved it!

J at Johnny's house on Christmas Eve.

Big A, Papa(J's dad), Mr. Butler, Kathy (Papa's wife), and Louie Blue...

Putting together puzzles...

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

So glad to see you back and blogging. We love our Wii. It is a blast.

I have a question, without a super bunch of details, but did you have pain like up your side during your time-before surgery. Not just down low but radiating up? I should probably get your e-mail and have a chat.

Lauren said...

I'm glad you are healing!
Have fun with that wii!

Janika said...

Thank goodness for lady problems. How else would you get flowers. I remember the first time you were in for cysts and Jason brought you flowers then too. Was that before you got engaged?