CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cool idea...

Rhett struggles with his spelling words, and getting him to study them is tough on both of us. He gets tired of writing them 3 times each, and we fight to get him to spell them out loud. So I had an idea after seeing something he did in class yesterday...a word search...so I googled "Word Search Puzzle Maker" and came across DiscoverySchool.com, where they have a Puzzlemaker section. I typed in his spelling words, and a puzzle was created for me. It is pretty cool. Thought I'd pass it along. I'll let you know if it helps the poor kid.

I also thought about writing out flash cards, which we did last year, but to change it up a bit, post them through out the house and tell him he has to go find X word and bring it too me.

Do you have any other ideas? Let me know. I'm taking any and all sugestions.

2 comments:

Janika said...

Do you have a scrabble game? You could pick out all the correct letters and have him put it in the correct order on the simple level. Maybe you could pick out the letters for five of the words and have two or three of you draw some letters. See who is first to come up with the spelling word. Something like that, etc.

The Woodward Family said...

We do have that game. I will try that. He informed me last night when I presented him with the word search that he "doesn't like word searched any more"...