CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Up in smoke

There is a fairly large fire burning west of Reno. It started Monday afternoon, and due to the weather and the terrain, it is still burning. The smoke is blowing right over my office, and my allergies are just about killing me. Almost the entire area is covered in ash. Hopefully the fire gets contained soon. What's weird, is this is about the 4th or 5th fire to have burned in this area of town this season. The area is called Caughlin Ranch, and is full of very expensive homes and is where all the rich folk live. Makes me wonder what the Lord has against this area of town...

Things are looking up. Every day is a new day and offers a new set of problems and Jason and I are living life on a roller coaster, but we are starting to have more good days than bad ones. We have a great bishop helping us, our families are being very supportive, and we will be starting counseling soon.




Just as an update because I was so excited about it and it ended up being so great, our trip to Vegas for the Police concert was AWESOME! Vegas was super hot, and we spent more money then we probably should have, but it was great to get away from the problems at home for a while, and the concert was by far the best concert I have ever gone to. The arena was sold out, so it was packed and loud, but there was a huge international following (we were surrounded by British folk). The band played great, the sound was great, the stage set up was great so that even though we were behind the stage, we saw everything. They played all the big hits, starting with Message in a Bottle (one of my favorite, and Rhett's all time favorite), and had 3 oncores. I got Rhett a t-shirt he lived in for about 3 days, and a lanyard he still wears almot every day. And I bought t-shirts for Anthony and I. I also bought a book bag to use for school this fall. I spent over $100 on concert momentos. But I figured, what the heck, they will probably never tour again, and I'll probably never go to another concert by the Police. Rhett had to have been the youngest person there. I saw 2 or 3 teenage kids, but no other 7 year olds. Some people made some rude comments I overhead about bringing such a young kid to a concert, but for the most part, people were like totally excited that a kid so young would like a band so old and would want to come to a concert. People were talking to him and high-fiving him and that. It was cool, and an event Rhett will remember for the rest of his life. Now, whenever we hear a Police song on the radio or satallite, he comments, "I went to that concert."

Anyways, my "Aunt" is in town, and I'm misserable today...Such fun! But I want you to know, I am still here, doing a bit better, but yeah, prayers are still needed and much appreciated. Hey, Jans, with you and your hubby going to the temple so much, maybe you could put mine and Jason's names on the prayer roll?

1 comments:

Janika said...

I am glad things are going well for you. There were fires in Utah while we were there and my allergies were miserable as well. Your name has been on the prayer roll more than once. Love ya.