I think I have failed to mention the new family member...Spud Bunny Woodward. He was the classroom pet in Rhett's class this year, but the teacher is going to a different school next year, and didn't want to take Spud, so we got him. At first I really didn't want another animal, I mean, after all, I already have 7...(husband, 3 kids, 3 dogs) and I was worried about Rhett having the responsibility, but I have to admit, I love the little guy already, and Rhett is doing a great job so far. The first several days he was very timid and didn't do much, but I think he is starting to settle in and his personality is coming out. He likes to tip his food bowl over, upside down, for whatever reason, and then he can't get to his food. I've seen him do it twice now, and it's pretty funny how he puts his front paws on the edge of the bowl and flips it over.
The first day we had him home last week, I gave him a small carrot, and he really had no idea what to do with it, but we persisted, and now he loves them, he eats them up quickly and quite loudly.
We waited a few days to introduce the dogs and Spud. The 2 chocolate labs just sniffed him and could have cared less, Kirby on the other hand, went crazy and is still trying to climb Rhett's dresser to get at him. You can tell the labs are bred for bird hunting and scottie dogs are bred for vermin hunting.
Anyways, I'll try to post a picture someday...
Friday, June 1, 2007
Spud Bunny
Posted by The Woodward Family at 11:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment