CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 4, 2007

First weekend in June...

Kylie learned how to ride her bike without training wheels!!!!

Rhett and Anthony were working on their bikes (new innertubes, new brake cables, etc) and Rhett needed some bolts, so the felt he could use the ones that were holding Kylie's training wheels on, forcing Kylie to figure out how to ride without them. Jason worked with her for a few minutes, and she'd go several feet, but she is a hard one to deal with, and Jason doesn't have much patience with her, so she figured it out on her own, and now she's gone!!!!

Anthony had fun at Six Flags. He found out all his friends are adrenelin junkies, so he went on all most all the roller coasters, and I think after 14 1/2 years on this earth, he may finally be coming out of his "safety zone". He actually had fun. Anthony is a super caution, carefull child, which I guess is good, but he won't even climb trees...They didn't get back to Reno until after 10:00pm. He only spent money on food. Strange child...

Saturday, Jason and Rhett went on direction in the valley to baseball. Rhett went 2 for 3, but they ended up loosing 11-6. Baseball is over now until the fall... The rest of us went the other side of the valley to, where else, Wild Island. We had fun. Anthony and I played in the waves on the tube a ton, pushing each other off, trying to dunk each other, etc, and in the waves, and now I am so sore! Trying to stay afloat in the waves is a great work out.

Sunday, I managed to keep my usuall migraine away with a ton of drugs. I was in charge of sharing time, so I had to kill it. A boy in our Primary was baptized on Saturday. His family is Tongan and Hawaiian, and like half of the two islands were in Sacrament yesterday. Fast and testimony meeting wasn't fast, but it was soooo good and so full of the spirit, and that spirit carried over in to my sharing time for the junior primary. I did a "concentration" game with picutres representing baptism. I called children up who were being reverent to pick 2 pictures, and the first 2 pictures were not a match, but from the second kid on, they turned over every match. One of the teachers figured out the odds of getting a match to be like 1 in 135,135. And the last match they got, was the one that should be the last one, and it was just so awesome. I'm sure you really had to be there, but it was amazing and totally cool.

The weather is starting to cool down, which makes me sad, and it's looking to be ugliest on Wednesday, when I took the day off to attend Kylie's kindergarden graduation, and go to Wild Island as soon as the kids get out of school...it's the last day...oh, well, maybe I'll just stay home and take a nap...

7 comments:

Kim and family said...

I am bummed too. It is suppose to be in the 60's on Thursday when our kids get out and we like to go to pool on the first day it opens-last day of school. It will be too cold and it was 98 on Sunday. There will still be kids there though. That is Idaho weather for ya.

Janika said...

Speaking of primary and testimony meeting, Do you give your kids time to bear their testimonies? They are not supposed to do it in Sacrament mtg any more, but I don't remember when the last time was I heard one do it in primary, either. I think that is bad.

Kim and family said...

We were told, but I am not sure if it was from our stake leaders, that we aren't suppose to have testimony meetings in promary either. We got in trouble for that.

The Woodward Family said...

The handbook specifically says not to have testimony meeting in Primary...I don't know about Sacrament though, our kids are getting up all the time. We have some kids that go up every month. Maybe that is up to the bishops...my bishop loves the kids...love to hear from them...be with them...etc...

Kim and family said...

The kids can bear their testimonies in sacrament meeting they just don't want the parents up there telling them what to say. When I was investigating the church I was most impressed by the kids bearing their testimonies.

The Woodward Family said...

Sometimes the most simple of testimonies borne by children can have the most power and impact. Out of the mouth of babes, they say.

Janika said...

Not a single youth or primary age child has born their testimony in the wards I have been in for a couple of years to my recollection. I think many were discouraged by the first presidency letter. Maybe it is just the area I am in. But I remember the letter saying that young children should be given the opportunity to bear their testimonies in primary or home evenings.

I just know that before the letter there were about 5 kids a week who would bear their testimonies, and none after that. Clearly, there was a misunderstanding, and the parents and leaders did not communicate to the children that they were free to respond to the spirit and bear their testimonies.