CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dog days of Summer

Still hot and getting hotter. We are on like the 9th day of 100+ temps. Right now it's 81* already, and it's only 9:15 am.

It's been too hot to run in the mornings even. Kirby hates when I don't go running.

Anthony left for Scout camp at 5 am Monday morning. He'll be gone until Saturday afternoon. I miss him so much. He's such a good kid, and so fun to have around. He signed up for mostly the shooting activities (archery, muzzleloader, rifle, shotgun) and basketry. He said he'd make me a basket. Cool. I love baskets, and I love my son. And I love things my kids make for me.

Jason and I went out again this weekend. We played mini-golf out at Wild Island and rode the Indy Cars. It was fun and so nice to just be together again, just the two of us. The kids spent the night at Lyle & Kathy's.

While we were waiting in line to get into the water park on Saturday, a man in line passed out from heat exhaustion. It was kind of scary, but the ended up being OK. Anthony saw him later in the day going down a slide. His wife was totally scared, and the poor little girl was crying for her daddy. I felt so bad for her, I just wanted to go give her a big hug and let her know everything would be alright. The kid in the ticket booth was able to radio the EMT's (Christine) right away, and another person standing in line was some kind of doctor or something, and had the guys that passed out laying on his side, had every one stand back, started fanning him off, and holding his head. No one seemed to have any water, but once Christine got there, she did, and she had ice packs she put on him and had him sitting up pretty quickly, and then they whisked him off in a wheel chair to the first aid room. As I said, it was scary, but the outcome was good, and it was good to see the quick response of the EMT's and Wild Island Staff. And I'm glad the guy was able to enjoy his day.

Today is Janika's 34th b-day! Hope it's a great one, and stuff!!!

Had my annual female check up on Friday. I have all sorts of issues. I had to go have blood work done yesterday. I can't get the sticky stuff from the tape they put on your arm off. It's gross. They took five vials of blood. My doctor wants to check my cholesterol, which I have never had done, and dad has high cholesterol, and she wants to check my iron count, because I seem to be anemic (every time I donate blood, it's pretty low), and check my thyroid, and all my other counts...

Sunday I had a migraine that I'm still feeling the effects of. I'm so tired and worn out feeling, my head still hurts a little (nothing gets rid of the pain), and I just can't get moving...my body kind of aches...mirgraines really suck.

Kids will all be heading to Vegas on the 23rd of next month to visit Aunt Shelley. They are so excited. Kylie keeps asking if today is the day she can pack up. I wish I could go with them...but I think I will head down to mom and dads for the weekend with only Kirby. Wild Island is closed that day anyways...private buy-out...and I wouldn't want to go by my self...so I'm hopping Christy will be up here then as well.

Today is swimming lessons, so I have to leave work early again, for which I am very glad. I wish I could just leave now and go home and sleep with my two doggies with me...maybe, if I don't start feeling better.

With all this heat, I am making sure to drink lots of water. But yesterday morning I had to fast for my blood tests, so I didn't get any water into my system until around noon. It took me almost an hour of waiting before I went in for my blood draw...they were busy. Even though I didn't get water until so late, I still ended up drinking about 67 ounces of water. So far today I am up to 34 already...drink, drink, drink. Good think I love water anyways. I'm always drinking it. I drank like 128 ounces on Friday just at wild island alone. I sweated out about double that it seemed like, it was so hot and I was sweating so bad.

But I would way rather take the heat over snow any day. I hate snow. Just thinking about it makes me grouchy!

On that note, until later!

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Hey Guess who?? By the way, I get migraines too. Usually on Sunday. Lee Joe has been irritated because I always feel bad on Sunday. I did find a combination of vitamins and supplements that has helped me kick a migraine. I need to figure which ones are doing it. Excedrin migraine barely works anymore. SO I will let you know when I figure out whats working.
We are 100 degrees too. Our van broke down outside Lovelock on the way home. We hope to get it back this weekend. I miss my van.
Take care and try not to melt.

The Woodward Family said...

Hey lady! I find that sleep is about the only thing that cures it. This morning is about the first day I've felt almost normal since last Sunday. Maybe the heat had something to do with it....It's so cold feeling now in the 80's after the 100+ of the past two weeks. Bummer about the van...I read about it on your blog. I had tranny issues back in May, but only to the tune of $1900, and at least I was in Reno when it happened, and I live here...take care-comment often.