I finally have a few minutes. It only took me about 2 1/4 days to get caught up after being off last week...not to shabby.
However, my mind in still on vacation, and I don't feel like working yet. Mentally, I'm still on a lounge chair in front of the wave pool at Wild Island. I'll probably go there after work tomorrow, though.
Finally had swim lessons yesterday. Zoe's (the teacher) daughter was in a bad accident several weeks back, and with crappy weather, we've only had 1 swim lesson not counting yesterday this summer. However, she says the kids have really improved, and Kylie started swimming on her own for a couple of feet yesterday. She'd pretty excited.
Rhett is enjoying summer school. Yesterday he said he had a great time. They are working on projects and reading and learning thru fun activities. I'm sure glad he got in. He was awarded a scholarship since he's below grade level. He goes from 8 - 12 every day for 4 weeks. Yesterday Grandma took the boys out to lunch after Rhett got done with school. They thought that was pretty fun.
I bought Kylie a backpack for Kindergarten. Of course it's pink and has butterflies on it, and the brand is American Princess. 3 things she loves all rolled into one single backpack. Life is good. However, I won't let her play with it or anything because I don't want it to get dirty or ruined before school starts. That doesn't make her happy.
Jason just told me at lunch that he's taking me to see Pirates of the Caribbean on Saturday after he gets off work. Just me. No kids. That made my whole week. Any time I can go out with my over worked hubby without the kids is a great thing. I think that's why I loved having to go to the wedding last month. It was just the two of us, sort of out of town...even if only to Virginia City.
The Primary activity this past Saturday was so much fun. Becky did a great job planning it and putting it all into action. Not a lot of kids showed up, but the ones that did, had a great time. Just before it started, the clouds and wind blew in, and it rained just a little, but not enough to ruin the activity, and it helped cool it down some.
Speaking of rain; Sunday evening, we had a HUGE thunder storm. It rained really hard, and hailed for a long time, quite big stones. It smelled so good, and cooled the evening down enough to turn of the A/C and have all the windows open.
I took last week off running. Didn't want to get up early on my vacation. But got back into the routine on Monday and Tuesday. I was too sore to get up and go this morning. My hams are killing me. I promise I will get up tomorrow though...!
Kirby goes in for her first grooming since February. She is one hairy, mangy little scottie dog. And her birthday is Monday, so she'll be beautiful to turn 1 year old. I love my scottie dog. She is the best dog in the whole wide world, bar none.
Over the long 4th of July weekend, the Alternative channel on Sirius was playing 96 hours of nothing but Depeche Mode. It was great. Instead of playing "Quick, who sings this song?" We played "Quick, what song is this?" or "Quick, what album was this song on?" It was fun. I have now turned Anthony into an almost Depeche Mode freak. I say almost, because he could never be as good as me when it comes to Depeche Mode. They are my band. Always have been, always will be.
We watched the Fireworks atop the Black Widow/Red Viper tower this year. Reno's display sucked, as usual (the mayor only wants to put $ into down town), but Sparks was pretty good. Being in the water park with only like 10 or 12 people was great. No crowds, no traffic, no one was drunk...and driving home we got to head the other way from the traffic trying to get out of the park. Such a great evening. I hate Jason working so much, but I tell ya, him doing security at the water park really does have it's perks.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Update...
Posted by The Woodward Family at 12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment