CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wednesday morning...

Last night, we bribbed the kids into cleaning up the house and keeping it clean. It was dollar scoop night at Baskin Robins...the house has never looked cleaner for as long as it did. Of course, as soon as they got home with their ice cream cones, the house was a mess again.

Kylie's pre-school called me and I had to go pick her up yesteday, she had a tummy ache, and today she's at Jason's grandma's house. She is feeling absolutely fine, but when kids go home early from shcool, they can't go back for 24 hours. Such an inconvience, but after the center had an outbreak of a norovirus last month, they are being very careful.

Rhett's class is going roller-skating on Friday, and he wants me to go, but I want to take next Wednesday off (the last day of school) so we can go to Wild Island. I hope he understands. Back in April I went on a field trip with his class to the Nevada Museum of Art and had a really good time. It was the only trip I went on this year. I need to make a point of going more next year. He needs me to go with him. Being the middle child, he always feels forgotten or left out. I love him so much, I hate when he feels bad. Jason let him stay up last night to watch a movie he rented, but Rhett had to promise to get up when I said this morning and be a good boy. He was. I thanked him as we were leaving the house.

My garden is really coming up fast. The corn is about 3 inches high now, the beans are about 5 inches high, and the carrots and onions look like grass...And, best part of all...there about 5 tiny little tomatoes on the vines. I am so excited. Nothing better than fresh home-grown tomatoes right off the vine. Rhett and Kylie love to help me water the garden every evening. They are so excited to see the way things grow.

Kirby loves to help in the garden too, but her idea of helping is with her paws and her nose. The dirt in the garden is the softest in the whole yard, and such a wonderful place for a little scottie dog to do what they do best, dig...over the winter she had so many holes dug, it looked like the movie "Holes" in there.

She made me mad this morning, though. I put her outside when we got up, and she proceeded to bark at something...at 5:30 in the morning. I'm sure I just made the neighbors so happy! Especially the old farts behind us. They hate everything we do. You know the kind, busy bodies that are old and retired and have nothing better to do all day but look over their fence at the neighbors and complain about everything...never a dull moment. But the way I see it, I have lived there longer, my dogs where already there when their house was being built, and my kids where already born when their house was being built. So there...mind your own business or move somewhere else.

Sienna was in Utah over the 3 day weekend running a hunt test, but Carolyn hasn't called with the results yet. Hopefully she passed both runs, that way she would only have 1 senior test left. Maybe she could be half way thru her masters by summers end, and next year she could be done in the spring so Carolyn can start breeding her. We'll have to see. I'll let you know...

Today is lunch with Jason and Johnnie. We haven't had lunch in like 2 weeks, and I've really missed it. So I'm totally looking forward to today.

Had to remind Anthony about garbage again today. He always forgets to put it out on Tuesday night. I think he chooses to forget, conviently...teenagers...:)

0 comments: