CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Weekend

Anthony and Rhett left for Idaho with Jason's Grandma and Aunt on Friday. They go up there every Memorial Day to put flowers on everyone in the family that is burried in the Cemetery in Aberdeen. They got home Sunday afternoon.

Saturday, we woke up early to take the travel trailer back to my parents in Yerington. As I walked into Kylie's room to wake her up, I was hit with a horid smell...Kodi had gotten sick during the night and there was doggie doo doo all over Kylie's room. Such a nice thing to wake up to...And since Kodi had stepped in one of the piles, it was even worse than it started out as. After our trip to Yerington, I came home and had to throw a bunch of toys away, totally clean the carpets, and Kylie's bed. Room looks good now, but what back-braking, discusting work!

As we were getting ready to leave for Yerington, it started to SNOW! Hello, doesn't mother nature know it was the 27th OF MAY!?! Whoever ordered snow this late in May has got to be on drugs! We should be swimming at Wild Island at this time of the month, not digging out the sweaters and long pants I had already stored away for the season...Kylie and I only have Capri's and shorts available to wear this time of year...and sandals...

Little trip to Yerington was nice. Mom was happy to see us, but, her Alzhiemers is getting worse. She can't remember the names of her grandkids in their pictures, and she walks around the kitchen like she's trying to be busy, but she just shuffles things and looks lost. It's so sad. This disease is awful. It robs the person as well as those that love them. She'll always be my mom, but she's not, you know what I mean? And it's so hard on Dad. He looks so worn out and tired. He told Jason he doesn't know if he should kill himself or her or both...He's just joking, but it shows how hard this is for him...And yet he wants to keep her home for as long as possible.

Sunday, Jason fixed dinner. It was so nice. We had bbq ribs, corn on the cob, and baked beans. Jason's baked beans are the best. He's such a good cook, I wish he'd do it more often.

When I was cleaning Kylie's room, I found a letter from Anthony's English teacher, dated from March. He had copied a web-site for a report he wrote, and evidently got in quite a bit of trouble with his teacher, but he failed to mention it to us. He is now sentenced to slave labor of pulling weeds in the back yard until they are all pulled up. Just when we think he's a good kid, we find this. I guess he is human and a teenager after all. School gets out next Wednesday, so he only has about 5 days to make up all his missing work and get his grades up. Jason threatened him with summer school, like his brother. It didn't fase him...

Yesterday, we were going to go to Wild Island, but it was closed on account of it being too cold still. It better open this weekend, or we'll all be very unhappy. We are just dieing to swim!

Yesterday I made the best chicken cheese enchiladas and mexican rice. Only Kylie and I ate. Anthony and Rhett weren't hungry, and Jason had to work. I was so bummed only the two of us got to enjoy such a good meal.

My friend Jeannie brought over a little chocoalte cake. I gave each of the kids a bite each, and I enjoyed the rest. Chocolate is my weakness!!!!

Bad news, our neighbors across the street are moving back to Utah. I am so sad to see them go, and Rhett is loosing his two best friends. Jason is worried about who will move in there after they move out. Every set of renters that have lived there have been a nightmare for us, except our friends. The past year has been great with them. They are quite, they take care of the yard, and we like them. Also, looks like we got a bunch of college guys at the end of the street...another reason why UNR PD really needs to hire Jason, so we can keep the parties at a minimum. I hate renters, and college boy renters are the worst of all. We had 3 living right next door about 5 years ago. They partied like 4 out of 7 nights. Bottles and cans would always end up on our lawn, and they often woke the kids up. Luckily that house sold the current owners, who are just great. He is from Maine and his wife is from the Czech republic. They are great people.

I am sitting here at my desk now, watching 2 starlings make a nest outside my window. I hate those birds. They don't have nice singing sounds, and they are mean to the other birds, and they keep poopping on my truck....Stupid birds.

The weather looks nice out there, however, not a cloud in the sky from my vantage point in my corner office facing west and south. I sure hope it warms up and stays that way until at least mid-September.

0 comments: