My family (the best family in the world, I might add...) consists of 5 humans and 3 dogs, and several dust bunnies under the frige.
Jason-the hard-working humorous dad and husband
Dove-(me) the best and youngest looking mom and wife in the world
Anthony-the 13 year old most perfect child ever 7th grader
Rhett - the 6 1/2 year old (going on 16)active, strong-willed 1st grader
Kylie Jane - the most beautiful 5 year old pre-schooler ever
The dogs consist of Kodi, the 5 year old Chocolate lab, Sienna, the 2 year old Chocolate lab, and Kirby Sue, the most beautiful Scottish Terrier in the entire world.
And the dust bunnies just exist, we don't name them.
Jason and I have been married for about 15 1/2 years now, which is pretty good considering I am still only 25 (again) (I wish :)) Next birthday I figure I'll be 27 for a few years and then see how I feel...
Anthony is a great student, gets A's & B's and enjoys school. He is very artistic, he should be a sci-fi comic artist someday, but since he was about a year old, he has wanted to be a palentologist...The boys knows his dinosaurs inside and out, backward and forward, and everything in between. He plays the alto saxaphone in his school band, and does quite well, and enjoys playing it, which helps. He can tend to be a typical teenage boy though...you know, lazy, has to be told more than once, and can be messy at times...but he is one of those kids I won't have to worry about when he gets a few years older. He is very active in Scouts. Only two more ranks to reach Eagle. We figure by the time he turns 15, he'll be an Eagle Scout.
Now, Rhett on the other hand, tends to take after his namesake, Rhett Butler in Gone with The Wind. The boy has a never ending supply of energy, and sometimes doesn't know how to use all that energy and gets himself in trouble. He is the youngest 1st grader in his school, and it shows sometimes, not to mention the fact that life offers so many more things to do than school, like bike riding, riding his scooter, walking one of the dogs, playing in the dirt out back, playing basketball, watching Sponge Bob Square Pants, pulling grass, making a mess in his room looking for a rock he collected last Thursday across the street with his friend, Jeramy, a wheel to a Hot Wheel car he took apart two months ago, and whatever else he can do to keep himself too busy with to do homework or go to bed at bedtime. Aye Aye Aye. I wish I could bottle the child's energy and sell it. I could make a fortune!!!! And the kid thinks he knows everything. If he's bad now, I can just imagine what he'll be like when he is a teenager and does realy know everything. I hear of parents that lay awake and night and worry about their teenage kids. I lay awake at night and worry about Rhett becoming a teenager.
Kylie is the family "girl". Are there any other colors besides pink and purple? And without Butterflies, the world would cease to exist as we know it, right? Shoes are the most important problem to solve on a daily basis, what shoes should go with this outfit, can I wear these shoes to that place, can't wear those shoes, my toes need to be painted, etc...Her long hair is always a key player too, "Oh, my hair looks better up in a pony tail with this outfit" or "Curl my hair in the curlers tonight so it looks cute with these capri's tomorrow". Then there are the issues of socks and purses, and sunglasses. She is so excited to start Kingergarden in the fall, but not to really start school, just to get new clothes and shoes...She is a social butterfly (maybe that's why she loves them so much) She knows everyone's name at her pre-school; teachers, kids, what group they teach or are in, and something important about them, like there dad's name is Joe, or their dog is brown like ours...Will she learn anything in school that is of import? Or just the social parts? Won't be able to spell, but hey, she'll know the kids in 6th grade and their favorite colors, or something...and every kid in between.
So, stay tuned for more adventures of our wonderful family! I'll fill you in on Kodi, Sienna, and Kirby Sue at a later time.
Friday, May 26, 2006
Hello-welcome to our blog!
Posted by The Woodward Family at 11:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment