CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Time for an update...

The new year has been a busy one for me so far, after my trip to LA I feel like I go none stop all day, every day...I am so busy in fact, I have been to Wal-Mart for one thing or another every night for the past 6 days...it isn't fun.

Anyways...kids are settling back into school, doing homework, and all that. Jason is back to working more for Security, so I never see him. Safari Club Int'l is in town this week, show starts today...Reno is busier for it...

The weather is still COLD COLD, but warming up just a bit for a day or two. We haven't had any snow lately, which is always good. We had frozen pipes on the 13th, luckily nothing broke, but I had to keep myself from getting too upset about how much I hate winter by saying "Reason 2,542 why I hate winter..." I figure there are about 5,377 reasons total why, but frozen pipes is number 2542 on that list.

Got my i-pod on Sunday, but it doesn't want to work right. I can't add any new songs, and it will only play Aerosmith...I guess it must be an Aerosmith i-pod, and Apple just didn't know they had one. I have to wait to get with my brother-in-law this weekend to get it fixed. He's the one I bought it from.

We went to Sacramento over this past weekend for the International Sportsman's Expo at Cal-Expo...it was so nice to get out of town, and we had a great time. Everyone got something. I was very excited because I drove all by my self in California, didn't get lost, didn't get in an accident, and lived to tell about it from an emotional stand point.

My mom is doing very poorly...her meds aren't working again, and they can't seem to get them worked out, so she is very agitated, violent, and depressed. My dad, as can be expected, isn't doing well, either. And my sister, Christy, isn't being very supportive right now. She just has a hard time excepting the fact that there really isn't much to be done...she's a very emotional person, and reacts differently than Elaine or I do. I think I mourned my mom when she got the disease, where as Elaine mourns it about once a week, and Christy mourns it hourly. Maybe I'm less feeling, or busier, but I know there is nothing I can do, my mom really isn't there, and I completely understand and have faith in my Heavenly Father and his plan. I know I will be with my mom for an eternity, and she will be made whole again. Both my sisters don't quite get it that way.

Doggies are doing good. Sienna is in heat, but on a happy note, goes back in for the rest of her training on Feb. 10. If all goes well, we could be breeding her the next time she goes into heat, which means we could have pups around Christmas 07. How cool is that? What's even better, since we have given breeding rights to our trainer, I won't have to worry about the puppies, except to play with them until they go away to new homes.

We have 2 new neighbors on our street. One is a family with a girl Rhett's age. We tease him about having a girl friend. Haven't meet the other one yet...Our neighborhood really stays to themselves, and we tend to meet more in the summer when we're all out watering the yards.

Anyways, only 148 more days to go until my favorite season begins...

1 comments:

Janika said...

Looks like we have all been a little less active lately on our blogs. We had an ice storm in Dallas, but it wasn't as bad as they predicted. I didn't even miss a day of work. Isaac was out of school one day, but that is because they are just whimpy around here and have no idea what to do in "inclimate weather." Talk to you soon.