CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Place Winner!!!!

We had a Ward Chili Cook-off and Pinewood Derby race last night. Yours truly won 1st place for my super hot chili. I was so excited. I never win anything...but now I won this...

I'll have to dig all the cans out of the trash so I can remember exactly what I threw into it and post my recipe.

Mr. Butler ran a pinewood derby car in the race, but didn't do so well.

At least one of us is a winner!!

After the dinner we went and watched/listened to my brother-in-law play guitar at Bully's Meadowood. He just started learning to play about a year ago and is really good! He plays all the songs from memory. Him and a buddy play, the buddy sings, but my BiL sang one song and he was great. It was a blast.

Today, I'm celebrating Mothers Day with my family and lovingly remembering my own dear mother. Two years ago I spent the entire day with my mom on her last Mother's Day on this earth, and I'm so glad I have that memory. My mom was the best, and I miss her everyday. I am very grateful she was my mom and my friend.

Happy Mother's Day to all my blog friends on this beautiful day!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on the chili win.....And you do win Uh Bunko!!!

The Woodward Family said...

I totally forgot about Bunco! I'm such a dummie!